After many years of effort and hard work by a large group of people, the Center Point Senior Citizen’s Center is finally open for business. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on May 1 to commemorate the event.
Mayor Tom Henderson and Center Director Tiffany Wade were on hand to welcome the many guests in attendance. David Lamb served as the master of ceremonies.
- Battalion Chief Dusty Underwood
- Bill Voight and Eloise Staples from the Jefferson County office of Senior Services,
- Birmingham Mayor William Bell
- City Council Members
- Roger Barlow
- Linda Kennemur
- Danny King
- Terry Leesburg
- Raymond Olan
- County Commissioner Bettye Fine Collins
- Executive Director for Alabama Senior Services Irene Collins
- Representatives from Congressman Spencer Bachuse Office
- Representatives from Jefferson County Community Development Office
- State Representatives Owen Drake and Arthur Payne